Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm home!

I totally forgot to tell you all - I'm home! I've been in the States for about three weeks now. I was in Irvine, CA with the fam and now am in good ol' Grinnell, Iowa. Nicaragua adventures are over (for now) but senior year adventures are about to begin.

However, I don't think I mentioned the orchid project that I was working on in my last few weeks at the internship. It ended up becoming the most important thing that I helped out with. I'll explain it more in another post some day - or you could send me an e-mail / note about it. Basically, we are going to create an orchid reserve for the indigenous orchids of Matagalpa, while also serving as a reserve for the ecosystems in general. There will also be medicinal plants, which are really popular in the area. So I'm home but am still trying to help them find funding sources for the project. If any of you know of any orchid enthusiasts that might be interested, please send them my way.

No comments: